About Me

My photo
I'm in my early twenties and newly married. I feel like I'm just starting my life and I'm excited about the future and the goals I can't wait to accomplish. You're welcome to read my silly ramblings and get a peek into my heart : )

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mothers



 We are coming upon the day we celebrate the role our mothers have played in our lives and to give them honor for all they have done for us.  I have learned that Mother's Day is not just a day to honor biological mothers but also those "mothers" who have stood in the gap for mothers not present.  I honor my mother, a woman who could not have been a better, more loving mom to be; I also honor Mamma Lorraine who has been there for me through thick and thin since the day my mom went to receive her reward.  The third mother in my life that I honor is Matt's mom.  I am able to reap the benefits of her mothering, in that she raised him to be an honorable, Godly man.  Thank you mom, Mamma Lorraine, and Mrs. Donna for your beautiful mother hearts and for bringing such love into my life. I love all three of you! : ) 

Yours were the first eyes I looked into.
Yours were the first arms to hold me tight.
You were the first to show me never-ending love and compassion.
Forever . . . you are my mother
And I am blessed.

-E. K. Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment