About Me

My photo
I'm in my early twenties and newly married. I feel like I'm just starting my life and I'm excited about the future and the goals I can't wait to accomplish. You're welcome to read my silly ramblings and get a peek into my heart : )

Monday, March 16, 2009

Not so fabulous Monday...

The weekend was so full of busyness and enjoying friends and family, that it makes today seem very blah. I've lived for weekends since I was a little girl and Mondays always meant the end of all my fun and adventure and the beginning of schoolwork and chores. Even as an adult I can't get out of that mindset. I'll probably always love weekends best and have a little disdain for Mondays. But at least now that I'm a little more mature than my little girl days, I can appreciate the comfort from the routine and normalcy of returning back to "normal" life on Mondays. Mondays may be a bit af a drag for me but at least they hold the promise of a week full of spending time with my husband, finding a new recipe that sounds scrumptious, reading a good book in bed every night, and of course, looking forward to the following weekend : ).

"The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Allan K. Chalmers-

2 comments:

  1. I know, today was so blah without anyone here all day but me and Harley...the weather was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahh... i know the feeling as well. the weekend, AND spring break is over for me, which means RIGHT back into school, homework, and gettin up at the crack of dawn again for me lol...

    but i agree, the structure and normalcy of the week days are also comforting as I'm coming to find =]]

    ReplyDelete