About Me

My photo
I'm in my early twenties and newly married. I feel like I'm just starting my life and I'm excited about the future and the goals I can't wait to accomplish. You're welcome to read my silly ramblings and get a peek into my heart : )

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Forever

Forever
By Amanda and Brenda

God gives me words, because none could say
The feeling that I have today.
Perfect serenity, my heart is sublime.
I've found what I've searched for all my life...

In your eyes, I see who will never hurt me.
You take my hand, and I know you won't desert me.
So here we stand; together at last, forever never sounded so beautiful.

I could never tell you what you mean,
'Cause no words would encompass 'everything'.
You were the part of me I felt incomplete without,
Once I found you, I had no doubt...

That in your eyes, I see one who will never hurt me.
You take my hand, and I know you won't desert me.
So here we stand; together at last, forever never sounded so beautiful.

So take me away,
Through fire and rain,
You're the only hand I want pulling me through.
Though trials may bend it,
Still time will not end it,
The first time I saw you, I knew...
...I knew it was you


My sister and "adopted" sister wrote this song for me shortly before my wedding. They performed it for Matt and me when we got back from our "honeymoon" weekend. As i was sitting next to my husband, hand in hand, Brenda played her guitar as Amanda sang. It was at that moment that I knew my sisters could see into my heart: the fears that crouch in the corner, the love that conquers those fears, and the certainty that God has given me a precious gift.
I don't know if Amanda and Brenda realize that they not only wrote this song for me, but also as a song of hope for themselves. I believe with all my heart that one day they'll be able to say for themselves as well as for me that "forever never sounded so beautiful".







2 comments:

  1. i cant believe you put this up here... the tears are flowing now, and its redic cuz im sittin here in the school lounge, surrounded by a bunch of men talking sports and every other student around here who really will never understand the love i have for my big sis, and the joy i have in my heart about the life she's found for herself in the arms of a loving, gentle husband. i Love you =]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, love this Kellie...hope you are well and enjoying you alone time. you and Matt missed the snow!

    ReplyDelete